Št. 3776 Ob-19384/06
, Stran 5490
1. Procedure: Simplified restricted.
2. Programme: Transition Facility 2004.
3. Financing: Commission decision 4183; PF 2004/016-710.05.02.
4. Contracting Authority: Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Slovenia (Center of Excellence in Finance, Ljubljana, Slovenia).
5. Summary Description of the Service Contract
The overall objective of the “Training of Internal Auditors in Public Sector” project is to introduce training program for internal auditors in public sector in Slovenia in line with the best international practice and standards. One of the main components of the project is development of the written training material.
The Candidate will be expected to:
1. translate training material from English to Slovene language for seven training modules; each module will be no less than 200 and no more than 400 pages long;
2. prepare unified glossary from this training material in Slovene language;
3. proof-read and edit training material in Slovene language for each of seven modules to assure technical, linguistic, and spelling accuracy;
4. deliver translated and edited training material in a predefined format that is equal to the one for the English version material;
5. translate exam papers that will examine/evaluate knowledge of students after each module (from English to Slovene) and completed exam papers from Slovene to English (for three modules).
Service category 27 – Other Services (Translation Services).
Invitation to participate is planned to be sent out to the short-listed candidates on July 28, 2006. Candidates will have 21 days to prepare their proposal.
Planned date of contract signing: August 28, 2006.
Expected duration of the contract: September 1, 2006 through October 30, 2007. Majority of work will be done in the first six months.
Maximum value of the contract: EUR 60.000,00.
Conditions of participation
6. Eligibility: participation is open on equal terms to all natural and legal persons of the WTO Member States. An Extract from the Register of companies issued by a competent judicial or legal authority of the country in which it is established has to be submitted.
All eligible natural and legal persons or groupings of such persons (consortia) may apply.
A consortium may be a permanent, legally-established grouping or a grouping which has been constituted informally for a specific tender procedure. All members of a consortium (ie, the leader and all other partners) are jointly and severally liable to the Contracting Authority.
The participation of an ineligible natural or legal person will result in the automatic exclusion of that person. In particular, if that ineligible person belongs to a consortium, the whole consortium will be excluded.
8. Number of applications: no more than one application can be submitted by a natural or legal person (including legal persons within the same legal group) whatever the form of participation (as an individual legal entity or as leader or partner of a consortium submitting an application). In the event that a natural or legal person (including legal persons within the same legal group) submits more than one application, all applications in which that person (and legal persons within the same legal group) has participated will be excluded.
9. Shortlist alliances prohibited: any tenders received from tenderers comprising firms other than those mentioned in the short-listed application forms will be excluded from this restricted tender procedure. Short-listed candidates may not form alliances or subcontract to each other for the contract in question.
10. Grounds for exclusion: as part of the application form, candidates must provide the evidence required under the Guide governing this procedure (Guide on Grants and Public Procurement under Pre-accession Instruments -- http://www.gov.si/mf/slov/cfpe/cfpe.htm). Contact the Contracting Authority for further information.
11. Selection criteria
The following selection criteria will be applied to candidates. In the case of applications submitted by a consortium, these selection criteria will be applied to the consortium as a whole:
1. The annual turnover of the Tenderer in the years 2004 and 2005 must be at least EUR 120.000,00.
2. At least 2 experts should currently work for the applicant in the fields related to this contract i.e. English/Slovene and Slovene/English translation of technical text in the field of auditing and accounting (which are preferred fields) or finance in general.
3. The information of at least 2 relevant projects similar to this one must be submitted in the application. The projects must be comparable in complexity, scope and nature of translated material (technical text in the field of auditing, accounting or finance).
12. Deadline for receipt of applications: thursday, July 27th, 2006 at 10 AM.
13. Application format and details to be provided
Applications must be submitted using the standard application form (available at the Center of Excellence in Finance website www.cef-see.org), whose format and instructions must be strictly observed.
Any application which does not observe these provisions will be automatically eliminated. Any additional documentation (brochure, letter, etc) sent with an application will not be taken into consideration.
14. How applications may be submitted
Applications must be submitted in English exclusively to the Contracting Authority:
– either by recorded delivery (official postal service) to: Ms. Jana Repansek (TIAPS), Center of Excellence in Finance, Cankarjeva 18, SI-1000 Ljubljana,
– or hand delivered (including courier services) directly to the Contracting Authority in return for a signed and dated receipt to: Ms. Jana Repansek (TIAPS), Center of Excellence in Finance, Cankarjeva 18, 4th Floor, SI-1000 Ljubljana.
15. Operational language: all written communications for this tender procedure and contract must be in English.
16. Other information: none.